Anyone has the ability to participate in this challenge, whether you’ve been trained in biomimicry or not. All it takes is a willingness to make a difference when it comes to climate change and some patience. Here are six steps to take to submit successfully to the Challenge:
- SIGN UP
Sign up on the Challenge website, or log in if you already have an account.
- CREATE A TEAM
- Recruit friends and fellow difference-makers to join your team (up to eight team members total).
- While logged in to the Challenge website, create a team using the Team Form accessible from the Teams tab. Tell us a little bit about your team and its skills. The Team Overview information will be publicly available on our website, but your private information will not.
- Select whether you are likely to enter in the student category or the open category. You can always switch categories later, when you are ready to submit your design.
- If you are open to accepting other team members based on people who view your profile, or you need team members with additional skills, select "Yes" in the Looking for Team Members section. If you only want to include team members you already know or recruit directly, select "No."
- LEARN ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
Once you’ve formed a team, read through the Challenge brief and the Rules & FAQs, including the submission requirements.
- LEARN ABOUT BIOMIMICRY AND SCOPE YOUR DESIGN
Use our resources, including the Biomimicry Toolbox, to determine a specific climate change-related challenge to work on and to work through the various steps in the Biomimicry Design Spiral.
- CREATE YOUR SUBMISSION
Begin putting together your submission according to the submission requirements.
- SUBMIT YOUR INNOVATION
When you’re ready to submit, log in and pay the Challenge entry fee. Complete the submission form and upload all of the required documents. Note: only the team leader can complete the submission process.
That’s it! We’ll be here to help along the way and answer any questions you have. Happy designing!